Friday, July 20, 2012

Let's be Clear: Humans are the Real Animals

cannot watch the news anymore.

Israeli tourists targeted by a terrorist in Bulgaria. Gun violence against movie-goers in Colorado. Ongoing civilian massacres in Syria.

Main Mistress cried last night when she read the biographies of the Israeli victims of the suicide bomber and again, this morning, when she watched footage of the shooting in Aurora, Colorado this morning.

She told me that both incidents were motivated by something called HATE.

I don't know what that is so I asked her to explain it to me.

She said it was the opposite of LOVE.

I'm not sure I understand what she means. For me, the opposite of LOVE is dislike.

For instance, I LOVE food but dislike going to the doctor.

Is that what she means?

When I was a puppy, I thought that humans were just like us, except bald and with fewer legs.

I am getting the message that they might not be like us at all.

They can feel this thing called HATE which blows up buses and shoots up movie theaters and hacks people to bits in the street in front of their loved ones.

So don't call us animals.

Shabbat Shalom,

Nala


No comments: